Monday, June 11, 2012

June 7, 2012

Thursday brought a few more changes to our little family.  Brandon and I were on our own for a few days.  Brandon's parents had been in town helping us with our dogs at home and keeping me company in the hospital.  They had to go back to Idaho on Wednesday night, so Thursday we found ourselves on our own.  I convinced the doctors that it was time for me to go home, although I was going home with strict instructions on resting, not straining, making sure I was going to take all my new medications and promising I wouldn't do anything strenuous.  
As for Will, he was continuing on his oxygen and his feedings were being increased everyday.  The best news of the day was that his feeding tube was moved from his mouth to his nose.  We could clearly see his cute little mouth and he was able to suck on his pacifier.  When we talked to the nurse practitioner, she told us that we had a feisty little baby.  I told Brandon and the nurse practitioner that I took that as a compliment because it shows that he he is a strong fighter.  Brandon and I continued to do his 'cares' when we were there.  Cares consist of taking his temperature, changing his diapers, cleaning his mouth and repositioning him.  I have never been so happy to change a diaper, especially a dirty diaper since that meant that he was digesting his feedings. 

This picture shows Will in his favorite position, on his belly.  He is swaddled in his little baby nest and although you can't see his legs, I'm sure one of his legs is hanging out.  Whenever we swaddle him in his nest, he manages to get a foot loose and rest it out of the swaddle.  Brandon likes to say that he gets that from me since my feet are never tucked in my blankets.  The nurses all laugh with us as we watch him wiggle his way out of his swaddle.  He's such a funny little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment