Monday, June 11, 2012

The Day My Life Changed Forever

On November 29, 2011, I found out that my life was going to change forever.  I found out that I was pregnant.  Sharing the news with my husband was the most exciting thing I have ever had to do.  I finally was able to surprise him with something!  To say that we were excited doesn't even describe the feelings that we were having.  
We saw the doctor for the first time on December 13, 2011 and the doctor gave us a due date of August 5, 2012.  Although, I knew the summer would be a bear, I couldn't wait for my journey ahead.  On March 13, 2012, we had our ultrasound that showed we were having a BOY!!!  My husband and I were so excited and we couldn't wait to share the news with our families and to start shopping. 
My pregnancy continued to progress well although I knew I was getting HUGE!!!!  Little did I know why I was getting so big so fast. On May 31, 2012, my husband and I went in for our routine doctor's appointment to find out that my blood pressure was 170/110 and I had gained a tremendous amount of water weight.  My doctor sent me straight to the hospital where my blood pressure was being monitored.  There was a point in the night where we thought I could go home, but that quickly changed.  My little boy was not tolerating this ordeal and we thought he was going to be born that very night.  I was given medications to help the baby and to help me.  I was told we were going to try and keep the baby inside for 3 weeks at the most, but there was always a chance I could deliver early.  That soon became the reality.  

 On Monday June 4, 2012 I was rushed to a C-Section and delivered my baby boy when he was only 31 4/7 weeks.  At 6:31 am, a 3 pound 1 ounce, William Ross Conlin came screaming into this world.  It was the most wonderful sound to hear him cry as he was being passed from my doctors to the NICU team.  My little man was placed on an oxygen delivery system called CPAP, an IV was placed and a tube was placed in his mouth.  It was so hard to see my little baby in an incubator where I couldn't touch him, hold him and kiss him.  
My husband made sure our entire family knew that Will was here and that he and I were both doing well.  I received more text messages and well wishes on Facebook than I have ever received in the past.  I felt completed humbled by the outpouring of love that Will, Brandon (my husband), and I received.  My brother even gave Will the nickname that inspired the title of this blog, The Itty Bitty from Salt Lake City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment