Monday, June 11, 2012

June 5, 2012

On Tuesday June 5, 2012, I was able to go down to the NICU in a wheelchair to visit my little man.  Brandon and I met with the Nurse Practitioner where we heard the plan for our sweet baby boy.  We saw that he was now on phototherapy for his increased bilirubin and that Will would continue to be on his CPAP, his IV nutrition and he would start being fed through the tube in his mouth.  We could now touch the baby only every 3 hours when it was time to change his diaper and reposition him.  When we could touch him, we could only place our hands on him, we couldn't rub him to soothe him.  This broke my heart!
Brandon and I knew we were in for a long road until Will was able to come home and we knew that this was not going to be easy.  Every little encouraging word from the Nurse Practitioner and from our families and friends were so helpful especially this early in Will's recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment