Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012- Drumroll please...

Will weighs 1840 grams!  This equals out to be 4 pounds and almost 1 ounce!  Plus he is 17.5 inches long!  Brandon and I can't believe that Will has gained a pound since he was born 3 weeks ago.  What an amazing feat to have gained so much in such a short time.


Today, Will's oxygen status was really stable.  We were able to wean down his oxygen to 2.5 Liters high flow and he tolerated the lower oxygen throughout the day.  Brandon and I held Will for 3 straight hours!  Will seemed to love being out of his incubator and hanging out with us.  His respiratory rate was low and his oxygen saturations stayed in the 90s which is right where he needs to be.  We are so encouraged by this and we think Will is really turning the corner.  We spoke with the doctor this morning, and he doesn't seem to think the new medication is working, so he stopped it and Will still did fine without the medication.  The doctor said that if the medication had worked, Will would've weaned way down on his oxygen to maybe a half or quarter of a liter of oxygen. 
Also today, we have hit 1004 views of Will's blog.  Brandon and I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, prayers and advice.  We are truly fortunate to have family and friends who are helping us through this journey.  I have to say that I would not be making it through this journey without the help of my wonderful husband.  I think that I make it seem that I am doing just fine when I write this blog, but there are times that my mind and emotions are a mess.  Brandon takes the brunt of my crazy emotions and I could not do this without him.  Will and I are truly blessed to have Brandon in our lives.  I don't know if he knows how much Will and I appreciate him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment