Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012- Being Home

I know that I've said it before, but it is so surreal being home.  There are times that I look at Will and I can't believe that he is really mine.  I really like to look back at all the pictures of Will from his stay in the NICU.  I have pictures from everyday that we spent at IMC starting from birth until the day we put him in the car.  We have come a long way and we are very very fortunate to have a healthy baby.  



We are all getting used to being home.  Brandon and I have gotten into a rhythm with feeding and changing Will.  Will has settled in with an every 3-4 hour eating schedule and he loves his naps.  We are trying to be good about letting Will nap in his pack and play and sometimes on our laps.  We don't want him to get used to always being held, but it's hard because he is so snuggly!  Will is doing great with his feedings.  He is taking about 45-55ml when he takes a bottle and he is learning to nurse on both sides instead of just one side.  He is getting to be so big.  We go in for a weight check on Thursday and I think Will might hit the 6lb mark.  He is looking so much bigger to us.  I know that everyone says that he is so small and a peanut, but Brandon and I know just how big he has gotten since he was born!
Will has also transitioned off his oxygen!  He has been on room air since Friday with only a 3 hour stint back on oxygen on Friday night.  We are still monitoring his oxygen saturations every night and when we are in the car, but Will is a champ and hasn't needed his nasal cannula.  It has been so nice to walk around the house without all his cords attached to us.  I feel like we can get more done without the oxygen and the monitor.  Brandon and I are so proud of our little man!  He has come a long way from the 3lb 1oz baby on CPAP to an almost 6lb baby on room air!

No comments:

Post a Comment