Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012- Stage Four




Last night Will passed Stage 3 of feeding!  Brandon and I were so excited this morning when we found out.  This means that Will can eat on demand and he can be breastfed and bottle fed when he wants as long as he eats about every three and a half hours.  This morning, Will was a little sleepy for his 8am feeding and only took 26ml.  When I got to the NICU, he nursed twice and took one bottle for Brandon.  When he took his bottle, he ate 40mls.  Will met his total fluid intake for the day and he didn't need any of his feeds in his tube.  If Will can take all his feeds in the bottle tonight, he might be able to get his feeding tube out tomorrow!  I can't wait to see his cute face without the feeding tube!

Will's respiratory status was also really stable today.  At one point, he was even on room air with just some air flowing through his nose.  Will really only needed oxygen when he was being bottle fed.  He is such a rockstar!  He will most likely come home on oxygen, but I am okay with that as long as he comes home soon!

Brandon just called the NICU and the nurse was busy but she passed on that Will gained weight and is 5 pounds!  I don't think saying that I'm excited actually describes how I feel.  It is so awesome to watch Will grow from a 3 pound 1 ounce baby to this 5 pound 36 week baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment