Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012- Being a Mom

Today was Will's 2 month checkup and he did great!  He has more than doubled his birth weight.  He was 3lbs 1oz when he was born and now he is 6lbs 6oz!  Brandon and I were just talking about how he is filling out.  His face is definitely getting fuller and his belly finally has some meat on it.  We can't see his ribs anymore!  I can't believe that Will has been here for 2 months!  Brandon and I can't help but laugh thinking that I could still be pregnant had Will been somewhat on time.  My due dates ranged from August 4-7, so naturally I liked the 4th!  
Although the past couple of months have been the hardest months of my life, I don't think I would change anything about it.  I am very blessed that I have a healthy son who just came a little early and is a little small although he is getting bigger everyday!  One thing that makes me sad about Will coming early is that I'm not pregnant anymore.  I know that sounds so weird and I never thought I would say it, but I miss being pregnant and I feel a little cheated that I didn't get to experience a full pregnancy.  What do I miss about being pregnant?  I miss Will moving around in my belly and watching my belly move.  There is something so special about being pregnant and knowing that you are growing a tiny human and protecting your child.  Now I am protecting him in a completely different way.  


It's really really funny, I used to think that I had the coolest job in the world being a Pediatric Nurse and I still think I have a great and fun job, but I have come to realize that being a mom is the coolest and hardest job!  I always thought that I would know how to be a mom because I take care of kids at work, but was I wrong!  Nothing can prepare you to be a parent!  I know that I will make mistakes being Will's mom, but I hope that he knows that I am trying my best and that he can appreciate the things that Brandon and I do for him. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading the updates about Will. Today I read a blog about a couple who recently had 5 babies in 5 minutes. None of the quints weighed as much as Will did at birth! Check out their blog: www.gavincarrie.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete